The Colorimeter measures the amount of light penetrating a solution so can be used for investigations which result in a change in colour or opacity e.g. Beer’s law, enzyme kinetics and chemical rate of reaction experiments.
- Reaction kinetics
- Reaction kinetics of enzyme systems
- Rate of reaction with Thiosulphate and acid catalyst
- Beer Lamberts law (light absorbance vs. concentration)
- Population growth of micro-organisms
- Estimation of unknowns e.g. glucose concentration, manganese in paper clips